LCC's Next Gathering Place: The Decision
What a great month it has been. It cannot be overstated what an amazing situation our congregation found ourselves in: before we knew of a need to move, two fellow Littleton Churches reached out and offered us a partnership in their facilities. You can read all about it in the last blog. Overall, we thank God for both GracePoint Community Church and Mission Hills Community Church.
After lengthy prayer and deliberation, hours of conversations with all sorts of people, the elders of Littleton Christian unanimously voted last week that we believe God is leading us to the Mission Hills Community Center. We are thrilled to be "in on the ground level" of this exciting ministry, networking with several churches and community development organizations to meet a wide array of needs in our city.
Mission Hills is looking to support and strengthen the ministry of Littleton Christian as much as we are seeking to be a blessing to Mission Hills.
Here are a few big details:
- Where is it? Two buildings, located at 5804 and 5814 S. Datura St. (Just south of Littleton Blvd.).
- When will we move? As soon as renovations are complete! Estimates right now are for "early fall."
- Can we stay in our building until then? We thought we'd have to be out at the end of July, but by the grace of God, the new owner is willing to let us stay! We may have to shift our nursery and preschool to another suite for a month or two. Stay tuned.
- How will we navigate having adults in one building and kids in the other during our Sunday services?
- First, we are in conversations about keeping the Nursery in the adult building, so babies will always be close by.
- Second, we are developing a system so that kids can be checked in with their teachers in the main building and then teachers walk them next door.
- Third, we are going to take every precaution so that the children's classrooms are very safe and secure during services.
- Finally, we are working to develop a system of communication so that teachers can alert parents if they are needed.
Here are pictures of the buildings as they look now. We anticipate their look will change throughout renovations.
We have had a group meeting every Wednesday morning at 6:30 to pray over this, and we'd like to keep that going! We'll focus our prayers on the work of the Center (which is yet to be formally named), and on our mission in the city.
Please add questions or comments below!